What is Social and Emotional Learning (SEL)?
SEL is the process through which children and adults understand and manage emotions, set and achieve positive goals, feel and show empathy for others, establish and maintain positive relationships, and make responsible decisions. – Collaborative on Academic Social and Emotional Learning (CASEL).
Social and emotional learning at home is critical, especially while schools are closed and all learning is taking place in the home. Students need SEL support as much as they do academic support. To help parents with teaching social and emotional skills at home we’ve put together a list of SEL resources that we hope you find helpful!
Social and Emotional Learning Resource List
- Emotional Intelligence Apps and Games
- Social Emotional Learning Activities
- Parent Tool Kit: Social & Emotional Development
- SEL in Homes and Communities
- Edutopia: SEL Strategies for Parents
- Edutopia: A Parent’s Resource Guide to Social and Emotional Learning
- Center on the Social and Emotional Foundations for Early Learning: Family Tools
- NAEYC: Building Social and Emotional Skills at Home
- Committee for Children: Let’s Talk SEL
- CIS-SA Project Access Approved Book List