What is Friends of CIS
The Friends of Communities In Schools is a group of diverse and influential community members with a common passion for supporting and empowering students to graduate and achieve in life. They collaborate with CIS staff to provide students with enrichment activities, mentors and resources to help them succeed. Friends also support CIS-SA by:
- Serving as ambassadors for CIS-SA by spreading the word about our cause
- Attending CIS-SA events & inviting others to learn more
- Participating in volunteer opportunities to make a direct & indirect impact on students
Connecting CIS-SA with other organizations and companies that are mission aligned to create potential partnership
“Thanks to the Friends of CIS-SA for establishing partners with the San Antonio Botanical Gardens, McNay Museum and San Antonio Museum of Art.”
Why Become a Friend?
“I love being a Friend of Communities In Schools. They have done so much for kids at risk over the years, giving them that extra support to be successful in school and in life. No doubt during this pandemic, that help is needed more than ever.” – Doris Rips
- Become a part of the solution to supporting at risk-youth
- Participate in educational events
- Attend exclusive networking opportunities
- Have a sense of pride and accomplishment for giving to others
- Receive a membership perk at the annual CIS Luncheon
Ready to Become a Friend?
Individual Membership is only $35 and Household Membership is $50 per year.
There are two ways you can join or renew your membership.
1. Complete the electronic membership form below
2. Mail us your membership form and a check for your dues. Be sure to indicate Friends of CIS in the memo of your check.
Communities In Schools of San Antonio
ATTN: Jessica Hannah
1045 Cheever Blvd. Suite 201 San Antonio, TX 78217
All memberships now expire on August 31st of each year.