Bring STEM to Your School!
Want to bring STEM enrichment to your elementary or middle school campus? The STEM Department offers grants for CISSA Site Coordinators to run a STEM group for up to 12 students.
Read on to learn more or click here for a PDF flyer.
STEM education is all about problem-solving, communication, and collaboration. STEM education and experiences:
- Develop 21st century skills
- Connect classroom subjects to real-world applications
- Build interest in high-demand career pathways
- Keep kids motivated to stay in school
Nearly 80% of future careers will require some STEM skills, and most students are unprepared for STEM career pathways. Regardless of career aspirations, STEM literacy and problem-solving skills are important for student success in school and in life.
What are the available STEM groups?
The STEM Department has grants to provide all the supplies, training, and curriculum for a CIS Site Coordinator to implement STEM at an elementary or middle school campus for up to 12 students. The recommended size per group is 6 students. CIS Site Coordinators are encouraged to partner with a teacher or STEM volunteer in running the group.
CIS offers the following curriculum options for the 2021 – 2022 school year. Please note that Space Club groups are available beginning late September, and STEM Explorers will be available in January. The chart outlines the recommended grades for each program, but the curriculum can be adapted to support other grade levels.
How to run a STEM Group
Note: limited grant opportunities are available throughout the year. Submitting a request does not guarantee a group, but we are doing our best to accommodate as many sites as possible!
- Complete the request form below.
- A member of the CIS STEM Department will follow up via email.
- If new to STEM, attend a training session.
- Pick-up supply kit and curriculum materials.
- Run STEM group!
- Return any unused STEM supplies and report the total students served.
*Space Club available in September
*STEM Explorers available in January
Contact email@example.com for more information or questions.